View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #7392
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by squizzy View Post
...considering it has just been sitting in his shed. First thing will be oil and filter change and general check over. .......Anything else I should be looking at maintenance wise considering it has been sitting around? ...
Welcome to the club! Nothing else unusual for "after storage" maintenance. Lube the chain... (maybe check the air filter, good luck on that one ;)... the usual.
Oh wait the battery... it is highly suspect on this bike and the electrical system is picky. If you have the original Exide brand (I think?) then forget it and get a new one, there was also a BMW "campaign" for this to replace with a Yuasa, and a few other campaigns (rollers for chain slack, for one). See the Issues thread for more.

For a cheap service manual, search for "bmw g650x reprom" -- it is a DVD, a PC installable eManual with torques and procedures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squizzy View Post
...Throwover panniers maybe over the top if required for a trip. Seem feasible, or too much for the subframe? ...
That's Drone's domain.... oh Drone-eeee?

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!

snooker screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 03:02 PM
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote