View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
joe a
awryder

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
If I was planning a trip down south, " bama, miss, ect, when does it start to get uncomfortable for riding? I read a post from someone down south who mentioned how hot itwas in June. I know this seems like a silly question, and I have been south lots but never that far south.
Last June after the school year finished (I'm a teacher) we rode two up from upstate NY to St. Pete Florida to New Orleans thru west Texas and ended up at the Grand Canyon..Over 100 every day..... ...Not much better on the return trip thru Santa Fe,Tulsa,Memphis etc...and then Nashville was a freekin' oven.....UGH !!! We had to spend a lot of time in the bars on Broadway to get prepped for the last leg home ...Hot 24 day trip but once we got home ...No Regrets.....It was great...Just had to learn to deal with it.......Leave early am/Stay hydrated/Park in the shade....