View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #498
RedRockRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,382
Pinewood Derby Win and upcoming trip to San Diego

Weather finally warmed up a bit in the last few days. Been spending time at Brian Head on the skis, and out with the snowmobiles. Bought a bunch of industrial strength tubes for pulling kids (and wife!) behind the sleds through the Brian Head Meadow. Great fun. My wife took over sled driving responsibilities and tried to launch me by accelerating through a turn and waiting for the "boomerang effect" to send me flying. Payback coming. All good fun! Kid loves to see the parents go sailing. He's very good at hanging on through the bumps! I'll try for a few pics next time.

Moto pic. Had most of the bikes out for a bit of maintenance. Took each for short spin around the neighborhood.

Our Cub Scout Pack just had its Pinewood Derby. My son's car won 1st place for the Webelos 5. He's had some fast cars over the years. Pics of past winners on page 15.

And a close up of the car. Note the graphite stains on the yellow paint near the rear wheels. We are liberal with the graphite. Makes the car look like a real racer!

Took the V out around town today. Business trip to San Diego in the next few days. Looks like the weather will be warmer and dry so riding the V looks like the way to go.

Always like the contrast between the green V and red rocks of Southern Utah. Thanks for checkin' in. Ride safe out there.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976

RedRockRider screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 08:57 PM
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote