View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #40
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
A favor, anyone with a new set of Anakee 2's that would mind running out and getting a tread depth measurement on front and rear tires?

I just picked up a F800GS with a set already installed and I have a trip to the Smokey's scheduled for spring and I want to get an idea of the life left in these.

They look pretty good, but I am VERY hard on tires, past trips have been on a Boxer cup, and every trip, except one, I started out with a new set, and had to replace them before the trip was done. The Pilot road 3's made it 2750 miles, but was, for all intents and purposes, bald when I was done. I have a set of Anakee 3's ordered, but I would rather wear out the 2's first, rather than switching and them for the trip, and remounting them, using up the 2's later.

With the Boxer cup I had an extra set of rims, so it was easy to take a spare set with me, and only took 20 minutes to swap, I really don't want to have to spoon off an old, and on a new set on the trip.

Thanks in advance!
Roads down there are real abrasive and let's face it, your not going to be going easy on tires down there either. New tires are a great idea. :)
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote