View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #263
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart bob View Post
R&T and RoninMoto, If you are going to do a RTW, DO IT NOW! You want me to repeat that? DO IT NOW! Don't be like me. I got out of college in 1965 and thought about roaming around the world for a couple of years. I was brought up on the philosophy of getting a job, working hard, save your money and when you retire, then it's time to play. Only one problem with that thought. Now I'm retired. It's time to play. I have the money but my right knee is gone. I just got out of a total knee replacement surgery a couple of weeks ago and the idea of a long ride anywhere is totally out of the question. The rest of my body is in good condition but standing on the pegs floating over the bumps for extended time is only a dream. Ruff, all I can say is DO IT NOW. The back roads of the world are a magnet you should follow. If this sounds like the ramblings of a cynical old man, the answer is yes.
Yours truly, old fart Bob
A few years younger, but I went the same direction. Make a career, make a family. Today, I can't even get my head around making such a trip as you, R&T. I am loving your write ups and can even feel your thoughts and emotions.

Enjoy while you can, and let us hear about it in your special literary way. tomp dd50