View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #1520
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 489
[QUOTE=marc11;20570332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototifosi View Post

If you are going to use your iPhone and do not want to incurr charges get an app like Navigon and download the maps offline. No data use. But it doesn't support route importing, it does do routing though (point to point). But you will pay about $50 or so for it.

The Nexus 7 for example you can download off line maps of the areas you are traveling too and use the GPS as is, no data needed. The nice thing about that is you can download a few maps, reach a wifi hot spot, download or update as needed and so on. Again, no data needed. Really depends if you own an iPhone already or not. If you do not own an iPhone and do not want a data plan, just get a Nexus 7, you get a good GPS built it, and with the Nexus, once you are in a wifi hot spot, you then have a full blown internet device for email, surfing, Hulu, etc. on a nice looking and good sized screen.

Thanks a ton for the suggestions! I do own an iPhone-5, however, I have been kind of "ogling" a pad. Need it to run Outlook, so the Microsoft Surface unit is the only one i know of so far that does and its to big. But you are suggesting it needs to be an Adroid yes? Am I understanding this correctly? Are there any other smaller pads that support Outlook? Sorry for the "noob" questions...

Thanks in advance...

mototifosi screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 11:01 PM
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote