View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #134
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogordy View Post
Not trying to discredit anything you state Cortez, I actually respect you and your opinions BUT the forums tend to represent a very small subset of the entire population of owners of any given bike.

That said, people on forums typically are more "into" the subject matter that forum pertains to, and inasmuch makes them more critical of the product as a a whole.

In other words there are plenty of people who own machines who aren't active in online groups about them, and who basically have quiet enjoyable relationships with their machines that we never hear from.

More so, than are members of the user groups perhaps (even for low-volume products like BV and Pegasos) so what we hear about on an enthusiasts forum isnt the total picture about a product.

Listen, Ive had my issues with my modern Vespa, and Piaggio and I dont believe they support their product well here in the states. But when I hear stories of the sky is falling around a particular bike on an internet forum, I have to take it in the context from which it was delivered.

Here someone says their experience has been trouble-free with a given scoot and youre quoting what others, (none of whom are you btw) claim on an enthusiasts site and somewhere in-between those two sets of experiences is what I believe reality is.
Fair enough and I'm aware of that (been on the boards since BBS times,
1990s..), but my current job has me visiting motorcycle shops and
services around the country (more then 100 locations) monthly, and I
hear a lot of the same from them too.

I'd love to own a Mana naked with ABS.
Seems like a perfect bike for me.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote