View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Gliga OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Thanks for comments everybody. I'm glad you like RR. Plenty more to come

I added track log to previous post. Each day will have its own track log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineGuerrilla View Post
Awesome ride and report! Don't worry about 'too many pictures', you take some great shots so keep them coming.

What are your thoughts about the mine situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina? Some people strongly advise against any offroad riding because of the land mine situation. But maybe it is safe as long as you stay on roads and tracks, no?

I want to be in Balkan this summer/autumn and would love to ride some of the beautiful routes in your pictures. I found the Paljenik pass on Google Maps, but I can't quite figure out the route you took afterwards.

Which route did you take from the Paljenik peak? The one further south towards the east?

As long as you stay on roads that are being used (tracks, mountain paths, whatever) there's no problem with mines. 17 years have past since war ended, by now it's obvious if road is being used or not. Once You're there ask locals, they will know. If You're interested in some specific area feel free to contact me and I'll contact Bosnian locals who should know better

Gliga screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 10:49 AM Reason: Typos...
Gliga is offline   Reply With Quote