View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #38
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by norschweger View Post
after weeks of waiting, wrenching, being lied to, writing to KTM Austria...I am in Leon now.
The carbs have been cleaned, the valves adjusted (intake on the rear was less than 0.08mm, new oil (filter), air filter...engine seems louder to me (maybe because there is no gear on the bike), does not perform the way it should, is week in the beginning (first gear) and hesitates when accelerating immediately. Seems not to get air or gas...They say it is the timing, maybe something with the airstream...want to check tomorrow...Sounds familiar?
Is the bike actually rideable? Why not take it back to the US and get a proper mechanic to look at it? There is great guy in Phoenix. Dillion at Zen Motoworks.

I think I met you at the HU meet in Cambria, are you riding to South America, had some battery problems? Clearly you don't trust the current mechanic and you need to, if you are going to keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is online now   Reply With Quote