View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #1507
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie

Oddometer: 1,905
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Nah, I'll probably stick with the Rookie title for now. I've been welding less than 3 years. I really consider myself to be at an apprentice level. Definately not pro or anywhere near. I've come a long way, but still have a lot to learn.

If anything, maybe I'll start another thread with welding projects or something like that in the title, and let others continue with the rookie thread.

Jim, the shelf/rack looks awesome! Let me know if you need more scrap.

And, yes - I am setting up to make panniers. This first set for Jim was more of a learning experience for me to tell me how much I need to charge. I still don't know because they are still at the powder coater, and I don't have a final price just yet.

I plan on making a basic set, and a GS styled set with exhaust cut-out. I do not plan on producing racks at this time. I will, however, make one-off racks for those willing to drop off their bike for a couple days. I will also make custom sizes to customer specs.

Also, I'm not going to sell my wares on this thread. I will start a thread in Vendors when I have my price point set, or I will simply sell bags on ebay as they are produced. My username is the same on ebay as it is here. I plan on offering good quality at good prices, and will only sell a set at a time so I don't get in over my head. Not to mention that I do enjoy my free time and don't plan on spending every second of it cranking out panniers.

If anyone is interested, please pm and I can get a little more specific. I just don't want to break any rules on this forum.

I will post up piccys of Jims racks/bags as soon as I can. I'm as anxious to see them as Jim is!
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote