View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
Canon Guadelupe---Baja Mexico

We were met by Ernesto and he took about 450 of our peso's for a really nice secluded campsite with a roof over our heads, a grill, a picnic table
and of course------------a hot tub.

It was pitch black out----these shots were taken with a flash and me and Scott soaked in the hot tubs till they about put us to sleep.
The water temperature was absolutely perfect and the ambient temperature was too at a nice 55.

The stars were out like you wouldn't believe-------I don't get to see the clear sky and stars back in my Southern Illinois hometown
like we did here in Baja.

Clothes optional

This picture was taken the next morning---but we set our tents up under this roof for the night without our rainflies-----it never rains in Baja !!!!!!
Scotts backpack is on the roof for a reason----which I'll get to.

So now the best story of the trip.
Me and Scott were sound asleep when I was wakened by a lot of noise---something really big was in our camp and
in the trash barrell. I knew there were no bears down there---but me and Scott are always camping in bear country--and
that was on my mind. I dismissed the bear thoughts and wondered what it was and hollered to wake up Scott.
There was no waking him up---and I got out of my tent and was shaking his tent and hollering at him to wake him up
and I heard the large animal run off----------it had very heavy sounding feet and we decided it was a horse ??????
But Scott never heard it at all. Actually his snoring was louder than the noise the animal was making.
We lauged it off and fell back to sleep after not finding anything out of place---what was it ?????

I have been here before with Gaspipe, Jonz, and another fellow.
We came thru in the middle of the day and stopped for a short while------but I was set on staying here this time--soaking in the hot springs and
hiking around and seeing all the beautiful plants in the Canyon------we have no jobs---we were in no hurry to leave and took it all in.
We were both up at sunrise taking pictures.
We were on the South side of the canyon and there were campspots and hot tubs on both sides of the canyon.

I think these plants are called "Fan Palms"
According to the E32 Mexico maps loaded in our gps's the elevation at camp was about 1.100'.
The peak you see here was about 2,800'.
The E32 maps were awesome and were topographical---a very good purchase before we left.
My last trips to Baja and mainland Mexico were done with much inferior gps maps.

We went for a long walk before suiting up as the sun rose swiftly and warmed things up nicely.

This place could be on anybodys bucket list----I wish my wife and son would join me down here.

Here is another campsite with a much bigger hot tub.

By the way------we were the only ones here.

2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote