View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #1413
NCGS
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 1,179
Whew!.. finally.. after three days of reading every word and digesting every photograph, all the while with laundry and dishes piling up, and mail left unopened on the kitchen counter, I have finally caught up.

Your RR took me back to the mid-late 70s, when I read a book by a fella by the name of "Moon" (I think, it's been a while) titled "Blue Highways". Your adventure somewhat mirrors the authors, beginning with a relationship going kaput, followed by a journey through this great land we call home.

Although it's been 35 years since I read that book, it's affect on my life has been a lasting one. I have a terminal case of wanderlust.. there's little I enjoy more than throwing a leg over the trusty steed in the garage and heading our for a long one. My desire is to retire (I've never not had a paying job since I was 13 in 1963), throw some clothes (and cold wx gear and a good rainsuit) in my luggage and head out.. without any pre-planned route, is what I find I enjoy most in my senior years.

Your style of writing is prolific. I'm not an educated man, but I found reading your prose most enjoyable.. it's as if I was the guy riding the Duc.. seeing America through your eyes.

It's been a great trip.. thanks for the journey.

Stay safe.. and don't forget that supermodel in the storage locker..

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many.

NCGS screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 03:05 AM
NCGS is offline   Reply With Quote