View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #171
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,541
Say what you want but he is right about both the current WR450F and what riders are choosing. Right out of the crate the WR450F needs modifications to run right. That is why every year the offroad magazines invariably do an article on how to make WR450F work. Google throttle stop and WR450F then get back to us. Out of the crate it is about as badass as a DR200.

Then at organized dual sport rides over the last ten years I have seen KTM's go from the rare exotic to the single most common machine. Sure there are still a lot of Japanese bikes. But that is from four companies compared to one and it still looks like a sea of orange. I see way more EXC's than any other single make and model of dual sport. That is just a fact in this area.

I am a product of King Kenny and Hurricane Hannah with a closet full of Yamagear. But that doesn't mean I am willing to sit on my hands and wait for blue unicorns to appear. After a certain point brand loyalty is just stupid. If somebody starts selling better dual sports than KTM I will be on those. Until then orange it is.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 06:17 AM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote