View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #726
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,333
Oh, we need history pics of this one!!! STAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimoto View Post
I Saved this 81 beater from Katrina. Just past Lake Ponch on the beach in Alabama . A barn full of "works in progress" looked like a retirement plan to me
rode my R1100RS to meet my gal in The Big Easy, then Proceeded to drop my Panner key in the swamp. (Don't Ask)

The Seller was an Old Harley Guy, must of got this cheap then got it running, then thru it on E bay.
Hey the Pictures looked good. He said it only had 40 thou on the speedo. But in the flesh it had been a Decade off line and
all seals were toast. With Mexican tourist stickers on the old Plexy windshield, it made me feel like that kid again, stealing away from home to the world outside...

So I called a Southern Cousin I hadn't seen it 5 years. and gave hime an excuse to get away from his mom, and get off the couch of life, and said "lets ride bikes back west on Blue roads".

An epic trip. The bike needed two dealer stops for leaking fluids, but hung with the R1100 and we had a blast trading off across the west
It has been an expensive "cheep" bike, finding true solitude in Nature.
She has been thur two sets of Luggage, shake them to oblivion . I'm on Jess boxes now, with a P D tank, New Loom,
refurb trans. Acerbus guards. I need a speedo refurb. I think I'll Keep her
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote