View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #75
AKtracks
Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovence View Post
Seems to be the consensus among most of the bluetooth units or any helmet speaker. The biggest problem is the drivers are too far away to be effective and are not sealed against the ear (like a headphone). Coupled with the low quality driver as well.
There are a couple threads here that give a pictorial on how to replace the helmet speakers of the Q2 with a standard headphone jack, making the use of your headphones possible. It's pretty easy if you have even basic soldering skills, and works great when bluetooth pairing with the iPhone.
I put my iPhone in a waterproof RAM mount on the handlebars so I can see the screen for navigation if needed, and to be able to use the touch screen for song changes/etc. Turn-by-turn voice prompts, and my wife's Q2 unit, interrupt the music when being used, so that's handy. And since the iPhone is paired via Bluetooth, those quick roadside pitstops mean I don't have to disconnect any wires for a bio break...and I still get tunes if I stay within 30 or so feet of the bike.

Adventure Cycleworks Providing support to the Adventure Touring Motorcyclist in Fairbanks, Alaska

-
AKtracks is offline   Reply With Quote