Thread: Isle of man
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #24
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Boy_Slim View Post
Take the bike its the only way to get to the best spots unless you want to get fleeced by taxi drivers. Its not uncommon for races to be postponed because of a change of weather either so the ability to make a hasty back roads exit is also great to have close by. Get a good map and plan your viewing points. Get there early the roads get mental running up to roads closed before a race. Everyone has a favourite spot, but the bottom of Bray hill on practice night as a first experience is something I will never forget.

Are you sure you are only going for 3 days? Racing is not every day so you might not see so much.

Agree with all you say. Racing, and practice go on alternate days.
My favourite place is at "the Craig". I remember I had a vip press pass, allowing me to enter areas where the pro photo guys go. So here I am, in my Bellstaff waxed cotton gear, pint of Bushy's in one hand, and one of those one use Kodak disposable cameras in another hand, sitting on hay bales as guys come down the hill at full song from Kate's Cottage, grinning, giggling at the spectacle. You can't make this stuff up.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote