View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #19
Motomochila OP
Mechanically Inept

Oddometer: 848
The Build is at hand..Or about to begin

Long months of pining about what next freak I would build. Well, less pining and more begging my wife to let "one more" project clutter up the garage. Its amazing how a quick trip to Key West for the holidays turned her completely around. "What-ever you want to do" is all she said on the return flight to Los Angeles. Not sure if it was fatigue or the bliss of spending 10 days in the South Florida sun, but who cares. It wasn't more than one hour after the plane landed before my bid on ebay was confirmed and I was not the proud new owner of not just one but two motors that I will now build into a "wish I could have one of those" motorcycle creations.

Motor number one; 2003 HD 1200 motor complete.
Motor number two; Buel XBR with all electronics, wiring, exhaust brackets.

Both low miles and in almost pristine condition. Price was way too good not to buy them. $3 grand for both including titles. But now, what the hell to build. Not being a fan of American iron, I want to build something far more off the chart and unique. OC chopper style aint gonna happen.

So.. hears my calling; there are many closet designers out there that have talent and no time or money. I on the other hand have no talent and a little bit of money so why not put the two or three, four, five, or six of us of together and build a motorcycle off the charts cool, or freaky, or something. My budget is around $40k and I will do the build and post progress images and back story here.

Any takers? Post em up or shoot me a PM.

Jerry

...and just for fun, here is one of my current projects.