View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #4480
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 5,037
After just a few days of riding on the southern coast of Brazil, our time is up and we head south toward Uruguay. We a short ride into Brazil but my time in South America is coming to a quick close, and it is part of the journey to be moving on.

Was a thrill to have ridden in so many countries so far on my trip. Think it is 17 so far :) Cannot explore all of them as well as I would like, but that is OK. Maybe I will get to come back and ride more in South America one day

As we stopped at Brazil Aduana with the prettiest Aduana woman of all the countries I visited I look at the back of my bike and it is covered in oil. That does not look good. Gte Immigration and Aduana paperwork done, figure I need to get to Uruguay to deal with whatever ..... As I rode the small distance to the Uruguay Border, it is clear that my rear Shock has blown a seal. I am bouncing down the road like a clown.

All the oil cleaned the back of my bike too! Not much to do with the shock right now, only 500KM to the boat back to Buenos Aires.... So I will ride it.

Loving countries that have motorcycle free of toll roads, and a special place to ride past the toll booths!

Sometimes it is really tight with the buses and trucks!

We roll into Montevideo and find a hotel in the center of town. It is 95 degrees today, so we are glad to stop and have some A/C to cool off and relax. We met up with a really nice Uruguay Woman that we met on the road and had dinner.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 05:47 PM
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote