View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #3576
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawggg View Post
Hi there. I wanted to get my bike licensed today but when I took my bike for a ride the lower radiator hose popped off. I got it home, tightened the hose back on and added some distilled water. I leaned it over side to side, trying to get rid of any air pockets and then ran it with the radiator cap off for a while. Topped up the with a little more water until it just covered the fins. When I took it for a ride again the same hose in the same place popped off. Has anyone had this happen before or know what might be causing pressure to pop the hose off?

I want to get it right before I add good, expensive coolant again. Any advice would be much appreciated.. :-)

The hose clamp in that area might be too long and bottoming out........it might look ok, but might just be a few twists short of proper tension.
Another thing that pops into my pointy head is if the rad cap is the correct pressure??
On these bikes coolant level should only be 10mm above rad core...........if topped up to bottom of filler neck..............they will puke the excess coolant out.

Cheers