View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #423
Blane
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
A little update on the Acewell. I contacted Acewell in the UK via email and got a response back from George Lee who forwarded the question to Diego Land at Baja Designs, the distributor for Acewell in the US asking him to contact me. In the mean time I contacted Dime City Cycles, told them I thought the Acewell was defective and asked if I could return it for an exchange. DCC told me that since I had the speedometer installed they couldn't exchange it for a like kind but that they would send it to Baja to change it out. Understandable because I couldn't include the wiring harness that was already attached to the bike. I didn't want to have to rip it out of the headlight bucket and reinvent the wheel putting it back on. Diego with Baja emailed me during this time and told me just to send it directly to him to save time going through a middle man and he would exchange it.

So far I've had great customer service from Acewell, Baja and DCC. The only downside to it is having to wait a week or so to finish this part of the project up.
1970's Frankenbeemer Cafe (Love this Bike)
1970 R75/5 rebuild in progress
Blane is offline   Reply With Quote