View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 AM   #1682
RuggedExposure
wandering the desert

Oddometer: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev.. View Post
Your warranty will not be affected at all. They have a legal obligation to honour the warranty of the bike you buy. As for parts, there is no reason why the supply of parts would change, even if many of them are sourced directly from BMWs parts bin. BMW would have a lot of trouble selling the company without guaranteeing a continued supply of parts, and it is unlikely any purchaser, or even the european competition watchdog would allow any sale to go ahead without this supply being guaranteed. Additionally, the sale of parts to Husqvarna probably represents a good income stream for BMWs balance sheet.

I'm more worried about the Terra going the way of the 6.4L Powerstroke/ bastardized love child of Ford/Navistar.
It was made for 2 years then ended abruptly in lawsuits. The 6.4L is junk, and no one wants to warranty it and finding parts (OEM or aftermarket) is hard because of this.

I'm concerned that no aftermarket companies will make a wide selection of parts like panniers, bags, etc since the Terra will more than likely only be made for 1-2 years. And I really don't want to fork out $900 for the OEM hard bags.

Border Road 100 Border Road Rally Raid
'13 Husky Terra 650, '08 Kawasaki Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350S
RuggedExposure is offline   Reply With Quote