View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #28
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey. View Post
Rob, I'm in full agreement there. I generally like it quiet, and I hate it when people push me to do something.
I really like the bike's appearance as well, although I think the same can be said about the KLX. The differences between the two were minor from an outside perspective, and the only factors that swayed me to the Honda were price and injection (I have a personal engineering distaste for the way a carburetor works ).
I can appreciate your distaste for carbs. I dislike 'em too, but being a geek/techy type, I want something I can work on myself. I never cared for having to buy a $300 box to "tune" the EFI, or the finickyness that EFI usually has on street-legal bikes. Instead, I put up with hand-tuning the carburetor. :)

That being said, it's one of the reasons I picked the KLX over the WR250R. The other reason was I didn't want to have to use 91 octane. Since I do a lot of riding in Death Valley, there's only one place in the valley with 91 (Furnace Creek), so it's impractical.

I'm eager to see what the aftermarket comes up with for the CRF, especially in the suspension department. There was a CRF250X sitting next to the one I saw yesterday. If it hadn't been raining, I would have done a lot of comparing, like to see if the rear shock would fit.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote