View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #48
Rob Farmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,977
That bike sat in my mates uncles loft for years, never registered for the road. It turned out to be a genuine Works Norton Trials machine, backed up with documents and authenticated by the Norton Owners club. The forks were worn and it needed some TLC Being in our twenties at the time and only interested in faster machines, beer and women. Neither my mates or myself could be bothered with it and just regarded it as a curiosity to be sat on and tinkered with. The bike eventually made it into the hands of a retired engineer (you're going to hate this) who stripped it down, stove enamelled everything and had it repainted. He can't ride it so it just sits in his garage and gets trailered to the odd show in the summer.

If ever anything makes me wish I could go back in time and kick myself up the arse it's this bike...

Shirl, who had it in his loft, is in his eighties now and still has a couple of round tank machines in the loft along with a couple of Velos, a Morini 350 Sport that he's had for years and a couple of other machines.
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote