View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #1688
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedExposure View Post
I'm more worried about the Terra going the way of the 6.4L Powerstroke/ bastardized love child of Ford/Navistar.
It was made for 2 years then ended abruptly in lawsuits. The 6.4L is junk, and no one wants to warranty it and finding parts (OEM or aftermarket) is hard because of this.

I'm concerned that no aftermarket companies will make a wide selection of parts like panniers, bags, etc since the Terra will more than likely only be made for 1-2 years. And I really don't want to fork out $900 for the OEM hard bags.
I hear ya. The Strada was at the top of my list as a potential new bike purchase this year. Now its not. I don't want a low volume orphan regardless of how great a bike it is. I tend to keep bikes a long time if I like them. Parts and accessories may not be a problem down the road, but I'm not rich enough to roll the dice. If parts and accessories become hard to find it'll kill resale value too - the hardcore Husky guys won't be interested in a street oriented bike and the non-hardcore will buy something else.

If they keep building the Strada and I don't buy something else, maybe I'll reconsider in a couple of years.
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote