View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #4496
Retired-N-Roamin
Retired and Roamin

Oddometer: 52
Thanks

A few tears in my eyes doesn't compare to the torrents I suspect that came from yours as you wrote about your lovely wife.

In a way I'm on the opposite side. I have a debilitating kidney disease that has the potential to go from chronic and controllable to acute and out of control within a short time. I fear for my mate and what she may have to deal with if/when that occurs. Life is never easy is it?

My medical issue (and the fact I'll not have the opportunity to be so far from medical services in the years to come) - is just one reason I find your RR so compelling. That, and you choose to share with us much more than just a sterile been there - did that.

Since I'll (probably) not make any epic adventure or RTW rides like you and others here, I'm setting up for my own 'mini' adventures here and there. A few days, a fortnight or so 'out of touch' and that'll be enough to do more than sit in an arm chair and pretend.

Your chronicle is impetus for me (and I hope others too) to get off our ass and just git-r-dun!

So... Thanks. Just that, thanks for taking us along.

Be safe.

Leo

Retired-N-Roamin screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 06:24 PM
Retired-N-Roamin is offline   Reply With Quote