View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #4497
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-N-Roamin View Post
A few tears in my eyes doesn't compare to the torrents I suspect that came from yours as you wrote about your lovely wife.

In a way I'm on the opposite side. I have a debilitating kidney disease that has the potential to go from chronic and controllable to acute and out of control within a short time. I fear for my mate and what she may have to deal with if/when that occurs. Life is never easy is it?

My medical issue (and the fact I'll not have the opportunity to be so far from medical services in the years to come) - is just one reason I find your RR so compelling. That, and you and choose to share with us much more than just a sterile been there - did that.

Since I'll (probably) not make any epic adventure or RTW rides like you and others here, I'm setting up for my own 'mini' adventures here and there. A few days, a fortnight or so 'out of touch' and that'll be enough to do more than sit in an arm chair and pretend.

Your chronicle is impetus for me (and I hope others too) to get off our ass and just git-r-dun!

So... Thanks. Just that, thanks for taking us along.

Be safe.

Leo
No, Thank you Leo.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote