View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
Skippii OP
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,474
I have no knowledge of what the previous owners did, but I've never cleaned the carbs before.
Well, I do know that someone at one point changed the main jet from a 125 to a 140, and that I now get 27mpg instead of the 50+ that everyone else seems to get.
This is from the 2-carb, single diaphragm, single cylinder 1986 Yamaha XT350.
I figured it was probably just age, but wasn't sure.
I've seen people blame ethanol in gas for so many things on this site that I don't know what parts to take seriously anymore, but thought this might be a reasonable circumstance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troidus View Post
It looks to me like the slides were left in the last time the carbs were dunked in the Bucket of Doom. Carb cleaner+rubber bits=$$$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
Now fess up! Have you ever squirted a shot of ether in there?
No, I've read too many stories to want to mess with that stuff.

Quote:
if that diaphragm is from a CVK40 Kehin, go to the Harley shop.... really. it's half the price that the Kawi shop wants for the same part. I can't find the Hardly part number, but I'll look deeper.
Nope, it's from a Teikei dual carb thing (one carb for low and midrange, a separate one for high end). Parts/jets are really fun to locate for these.