View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #34
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Himself View Post
Going exploring Sunday morning, sticking near the Columbia area and looking at riding the Spring Loop and maybe trying to expand to the West if I can find some dirt/sand out that way. A sandy Lake Murray loop would be great, but with a 5-week old at home I'm not sure how long I'll have to play. Will probably have to be back at the hotel by 1pm. Anyone interested?
I haven't found much dirt close to the lake. Re expanding to the West, did you see the GPX file in post #13 that goes all the way to Abbeville? There's also some dirt in the branch of the Sumter National Forest starting just North of Newberry, too, though it's not in that GPX file. With just a half-day time frame, Manchester State Forest would be doable, or part of the MEOW & Ridge Spring loop.

Have fun! I was going to do some of the Ridge Spring Loop after the state lunch in Aiken on Saturday, but people are getting sick and right now the lunch either might not happen or else get moved to Charleston.