View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2on2off View Post
Based on my personal experience riding all over Death Valley on the dirt, I have found I can ride just about everywhere on a Suzuki DRZ400S, Honda XR650L and my current KTM 500EXC primarily because they are all light enough for me to man-handle in difficult sections and easily pick up should I find myself upside down off the trail.

6. Escape Route (Manly Pass) because of one very steep down hill section that sent my buddy over the handle bars and left the bike upside down off the trail. Took both of us to get it back on the trail. I did it once on my GSA but wouldn't do it again. .
There are two ways over Manly pass. Are you talking about the jeep road ro the single track trail?

Actually other than at the very bottom of east side the road is no where near the Escape Trail which goes straight on up Fish and then down Isham.

For my skills there are no hills on the Jeep Raod. Since I built switchbacks on the single trail, it really doesn't have any hills now. Now easy to ride in both directions, before it was east only no matter your skill.