View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #45
Casey. OP
Nerd on a bike

Oddometer: 70
John, I'd love to have an experienced rider give me some insight while riding, but I don't have that luxury. I don't know a single person who has ridden a motorized bike on the dirt. In a sense though, I enjoy it because I rarely can push myself to do something difficult without some dependency, so I think this will be good for me.

Thanks for the comments Skoron and Skelt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G
He's exactly right. This is how you ride in loose conditions, e.g. sand. Stand up, weight back, gas it, and steer with your feet.
I just watched the Dual Sport Techniques DVD yesterday and saw the drill about this. I was surprised that feet alone can fully turn it. I will definitely practice this. I never felt stable seated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
This is an important point for a new rider. It sounds like you perceived the potential threat before the action started. Keep that mentality as you gain experience. Don't let it ruin your riding experience by always worrying, but always stay sharp.

Plus, you are right on the edge of the Flint Hills...some of the best riding this country has to offer. Enjoy the CRF, they are great.
The Flint Hills are my goal. It will take me a while to get there, but that will be my motivation to keep practicing.