View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Johnny Locks OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
What's my R100GS worth?

I'm considering selling or trading my 1992 R100GS and would like to get a decent assessment of it's value. I don't have any pictures and can't get any real soon as it's in my friends garage a ways from here. I'll try to be accurate about the condition and what I think is relevant information. Maybe I can get some pictures this weekend, though it's sitting with the swing arm off right now.

General Condition:
96K miles
All original except aftermarket heated grips
Everything works as it should and it doesn't do anything strange.
Cosmetically it looks like a 20 year old bike that has 96K miles on it. It's been used, but not abused, maintained well, but I don't think it was ever cleaned with Q-tips.
I got it last April with 88K miles on it. It came with some service history, but with some rather large holes in the history, so I don't know every that's been done to it.

The good:
Come spring it will have a freshly rebuilt driveshaft from Hendersen Precision and new paralever bearings.
It comes with the PD solo seat and rack AND a stock two up seat that I bought from an inmate that looks likes it's never been used, and I haven't used it yet.
Comes with stock luggage.
Will come with some minor odds and ends (service manual with all my notes from service, couple of oil filter kits, some drain plugs and crush washers, valve cover gaskets)

The bad:
This winter it started weeping from the neutral switch. (I might get around to fixing that by spring, depends how difiicult it is.)
It weeps a little from the pushrod seals, it never left a stain anywhere, just some weeping.

Things I have done to it:

Cracked exhaust nuts loose and applied anti-seize (twice)
Changed engine oil every 2500 miles, filter changed every other.
Changed Trans oil every 2500 miles.
Changed final drive oil once.
New fork seals (they were leaking) and changed fork oil twice (wanted heavier oil after the first change)
New spark plugs.
New tires Gripster rear (25% remaining) Anakee front (98% remaining)
Replaced shackle that the horn mounts to (it broke)
Adjusted valve clearance

Thats all I can think of. What do you think?
Johnny Locks is offline   Reply With Quote