View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #6372
Sateev
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXtz View Post
Your feedback is totally appreciated Codyp1814. Sorry for responding late but I've been out in Oaxaca beach and took my 125cc again, you can read my experience in the link below, i wish had taken de dr200 though but she's still bleeding oil.

I went today to a suzuki dealer in mexico city, tomorrow they will take apart the valve cover and check where it is leaking. The thing is that i wanted to buy the valve cover gasket but it does not appear on their system, nor in the partzilla link you gave me.

I will buy the part #13, have it installed and the suzuki gang will gunk some orange silicone in the valve cover gasket

thanks again dude!
AleXtz: actually, there is no gasket under the valve cover. You just need to CAREFULLY use Suzukibond (or Threebond, or Yamahabond, or WhateverBond - they're all black and all the same), and put a a SMALL bead all the way around the sealing surface, including around the holes. Be sure to clean the cover and head surfaces COMPLETELY of all the old sealer, and torque the bolts in the correct sequence and to the correct torque. Unless the thing is BADLY bent, it will seal up perfectly. Don't forget to replace the rubber cam plug (no sealer there). It's really easy, if you are patient, and methodical, and will be as good as new.
Sateev is offline   Reply With Quote