View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #13
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBDRdude View Post
Kenda K270 is the worst tire I've ever put on a motorcycle..neither good on road or off! Cheap yes, but after the first 100-200 miles worn like you won't believe. Absolutely no traction offroad! And, they were mounted on a DR650.

Weird, I swear by them. I have ridden them all over the south east and even road through GA during a tropical storm with a fully loaded bike and they worked great. I also get around 5k out of the rear and 2-3 times that out of the front ( I change tires at about 25% tread remaining. Buddies K270 equipped KLR650 has had similar results). Spent a week at Highlands Park and during a hard rain only a handful of riders were out on the trails.I was on a K270 rear and K760 front which has been my go to setup for 100% off-road for years. Even in the GA clay with wet rocks and roots I never had a problem other than rider skill . An hd rear tube and 10-15lbs of air and the K270 just seems to dead hook in the dirt. 25-28 on road and they ride fine (not great on road but they do their job). They also seem to shed mud like Teflon. I have a pair waiting to go on my Sportster build as well.

Scramster

Ginger Beard screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 04:24 AM
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote