View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #29
LisaS
Dubious Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
My parents have two Polaris 2-up Sportman 550s (forgot the exact model name) and there's few things more fun for 4 people, even if all 4 have no riding experience of any sort (common sense notwithstanding). I've really been surprised a few times at how much gnar they can handle...they are hill-climb beasts and feel so sporty for a utility ATV platform and one that is slightly enlarged. I'd say they can go about as fast or faster than I ride on my KLR650 in all conditions except open dirt. The only problem is the passengers (2-up) can really get thrown around when going faster and it can be tiring for them. Otherwise they are outstanding vehicles that have done everything asked of them and more and have been the utmost representation of reliability and durability.
Mine is the Sportsman 500 and so far it has gone through everything my husband rides through on the KTM- and he loves the technical stuff. I agree with all of your comments above about it being sporty and fast for a big machine. Then when it comes home it does farm chores too
tent space

LisaS screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 02:31 PM Reason: brain fart- I have the 500, not the 450.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote