View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #121
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
So many reasons...

...from the practical to the romantic.

If we're taking a ferry here on the west coast, no $20 &*^% reservation fee, first on, first off, half the cost.

It's more fun, and make's it a real journey, whereas a car trip is just that. The everyday, the mundane.

I think that I can ride more technical stuff 2 up better than she can 1 up, which has allowed us to get into some more remote places for hikes, etc.

Easy to park if we are in a city.

Someone wrote about forgetting to put the kickstand up, me, I didn't quite get it fully extended because of the lower height of the bike, so we both went down sideways with the bike when we dismounted. In front of friends. In front of a big window at the front of a liquor store. In such a situation there is only really one thing to do: Laugh first, before anyone else does!

Teaches the operator to be smmmmmoooooooth!

So yeah, I hope she gets her own endorsement, but I'm not pushing it. We don't really have room for two bikes, extra insurance, and maintenance.

She'd probably love it even more if some of the trips weren't 250km's on the back of a Yamaha xt225. Apparently the seat gets kinda hard.

When it's warm out, it feels AWESOME, you can stop by a secluded river and cool down, enjoy the warm sweet air. She LOVES zooming along w/ the warm air over her, which in this climate is about 6 weeks of the year, even when the sun is out and it's chilly, she's happy, which makes me happy. A recent study found that as much as anything, men look for an activity partner with their mate. Makes total sense to me!

woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote