View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
athomerecords25
Vintage YZ *****

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYtankerBEAN View Post
I got a buddy for my 1984, I figured a 1986 yz490 could keep it company. This one has retarded compression...go figure the kick start springs are shot...and it kicks back like a mule...Notice the "Seize King" stickers haha!. Anyway just thought I would share. I will start tearing into them this weekend, although it will be a slow process. Here are some pictures of it. It also has a rear disc conversion. Is anyone part of the YZ490 yahoo group...I have been waiting for my membership approval and its been 2 weeks whats the deal with that?

Aaron

I am a member of 2 different YZ groups at yahoo. YZ Balls took like a full month before I obtained approval. I haven't signed in for a while. I need to go sign in one of these days and post some updates.

I used to have a 1987 Yamaha YZ490. Always wanted to do the Rear Disc conversion. There was a nice article in a Dirt Bike Magazine years ago that explained how to do it. Wish I still had the 1987 YZ490, but I think that my 1983 Yamaha YZ490 Broc Glover Replica will be all I need when it is completed.

Both of your bikes are really nice. I love the YZ490's. I am a huge fan. I want a 1992 Yamaha WR500 to add to the garage also. Then maybe I will be done adding bikes for awhile.
athomerecords25 is offline   Reply With Quote