View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
BuffaloAl OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
St. George - Spring 2013

After reading Red Rock Rider's posts about the St. George area, I've decided to head down this spring to extend my riding season. I plan on going the week of March 25th or the week of April 15th. Do any of you have suggestions on either date? I am planning on tenting and the weather information I've seen for the area suggests that it should be feasible, although a little cool at night.

As for my plans, I really want to explore the Grand Canyon Parashant area. I've been playing on Garmin's Topo U.S. 24K Southwest in Base Camp and have come up with several day rides (all in the early planning stage at this point). Could those of you with knowledge of the area take a look at them and let me know if I've included anything that's completely insane or missed something that is glaringly obvious? I classify myself as a fairly seasoned dual sport rider and I'll be on my KLR 650. I've got the usual bells and whistles (skid plate, engine guard, bark busters, Kenda 270s). I'm not an enduro racer by any stretch, but I'm pretty proficient on gravel and twin tracks.

Thanks,
Al
Attached Files
File Type: gpx GCPNM Export.gpx (1.89 MB, 112 views)
BuffaloAl is offline   Reply With Quote