View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #85
bleedgrn OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsrog View Post
Is that ADV bikes are kind of accepted by most quarters. Maybe they're just being polite but I've had sport bike riders, dirt bikers, cruisers and Harley guys say "that's a pretty cool bike."

Guess we're a bit off topic, but overall I would say we have some pretty good choices.
To clarify from an earlier post, the KLR is the number one selling dual sport for the last six years, not the best selling motorcycle. My argument on U.S. being the largest economy for selling, I think I stated one of the largest. That was not to suggest that the U.S. makes up for the majority of bike sales. In fact I would think Indochina accounts for the majority, since small cc bikes are a staple for transport. If you look at all the middle weight "dual sport" do-it-all bikes, the selection stateside is limited comparatively. This would include other segments of consumer goods i.e. midsize pickups like the Toyota Hilux with a small diesel getting 32-36mpg. Nothing here comes close. Same as the Ford World version Ranger diesel with similar specs. Instead we are stuck buying vehicles or bikes that are a compromise. I would sell my Avalanche for a small diesel pickup that gets mid 30's tomorrow but not made available stateside. I get that there are some standards to meet, but some of this is ridiculous. Sell us what we are looking for and the market will improve. I believe my thinking/logic is pretty common place.

L2 Glee - Birthday 17 Jan 13

Farkeling in progress.
bleedgrn is offline   Reply With Quote