View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #6849
Rocky TFS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh62c View Post
I couldn't agree more!

Not all gps support non announcement of shaping points. It would appear that the Montana doesn't. and thus treats them as way-points, That's why you see the Blue Flags when the route loads.

I feel like I've beat this horse enough for one day.
daryl
Looks like I'm going to have to beat the horse some more.....

Here's another post from the BaseCamp forum, including response from a Developer.

Shaping points on Montana 600
Hi,
I tried using shaping points in BaseCamp (won't alert, grayed out), but when I transfer the route to my Montana, while the route is as I created it, it is full of Via Points. I'm guessing this means the Montana does not support shaping points? If so, can anyone say if it will in the next firmware release?

Desktop App Developer:
I don't think the Montana supports this. I probably won't be in the next firmware release. Please contact product support and request that feature. The more people ask, the higher the chances it might get implemented.

OK, so I must be wrong. If the Montana does not support shaping points, and does not allow the non alert of via points, doesn't that make ANY type of point you use in describing a route a via point?

And therefore doesn't it follow that the 50 (51) point limit applies? AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

AND....we seem to have been discussing via point limits on an autorouting profile and map, i.e. CNNA, without actually specifying that....my bad.

THERE IS NO 50 POINT LIMIT ON DIRECT ROUTING, BUT I CAN'T FIND THE ACTUAL LIMIT!

Rocky TFS is offline   Reply With Quote