View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #62
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,776
More Day 3

Still riding along the ocean I was looking for a place the guys back at Mikes Sky Ranch called "Pirates Cove" for you gringo's.
Or "La Cueva Del Pirata" -----to the experienced Mexico traveler who could speak Spanish------which was not us.
They told us we'd be here by lunch---but they had no idea how slow we were---and how the road was washed out---nor
how many times we'd crash---nor how many naps we took.

Between me and the guys at Mikes Sky Ranch we entered a waypoint into my gps by just kind of guessing where this place was. We was about a mile off----but I had no problemo finding it. Scott was ready for a comfy bed.

As we first approached Pirates Cove---the place kind of looked like somebody blew it up.
A closer inspection revealed the place was open for business--------but never finished---a re-occuring them in Baja
since all the dumb Gringo's are afraid to come down here ignoring the news casts and newspaper reports about all the murders, rapes, car jackings, people taken hostage,
stabbings, drugs, crack whores, robberies taking place in their own country---and in their own neighborhoods.
I personally kind of like this situation down here---nice and quiet---like it was quite a few years ago.

The restaurant was quite nice and we had great meal and were the only ones there.
Scott's not grumpy here----------he is hurting.

After our meal we aquired a nice room----500 peso's for a room with a view----400 for no view.
You see which we chose and I went back into the restaurant and got me and Scott a couple Tecate's.
We stayed out here till the sun set completely ---------and then some.

We had preferential parking for our bikes---I didn't ask------we just rode them up onto the outside deck.
What are they going to do--------throw their only customers out ????

72 Miles for the day
Here is the route we rode today. A truly iron butt day

insert another cliffhanger
The next day we ride on.
But what would finally be the last straw for Scott
And this ride ???
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 04:20 PM
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote