View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #323
Emmbeedee OP
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutsthematter View Post
I have a 62s unit mounted on a ram mount with the Garmin automotive power supply cable. Problem I have is that the mini usb plug on the end of the cable has a right angle which is 90 degrees out ie the cable comes out of the unit and has to loop upwards before going down behind the headlight. This loop gets buffeted by the wind and wobbles with the movement of the bike which by all accounts will stuff the connection over time. Is there an adaptor or a cable with a right angle thats opposite to the oem cable. With the cable routed directly down to the bike I could secure it to the ram mount and the whole cable/unit could move together causing less stress and damage. I could also put a plastic bag over in the rain which is impossible now with the big loop. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.
It would be a lot easier for you to find a mini usb connector which is not at right angle, ie straight out, than to find another which is in the direction you're looking for.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote