View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #1754
Ol'NumNuts
Getting Stupider

Oddometer: 262
So much speculation, so many unanswered questions...
On one hand I wanted to say that the way to secure future production of the model is to make sure you buy one now! and so continue the strong demand.
Seems logical- but on the other hand it's hard to imagine BMW allowing the Terra to continue- as-is... Clearly the parts supply bin from BMW is 'limited'...
I just wish someone would ask Pierer straight out what his intentions are for the Terra long term...
Truth is he is probably so focused on the 'Big Picture' that he may not even know or care what happens with the Terra...
Truth is, one motorcycle model does not a 'Brand' make... (Sry bout the Yoda speak)...
In my own case I am trying to save up for a Terra and by the time I get there the answer will most likely be very clear...

One of the more interesting thoughts about this bike is that it may well have 'urged' the Japs to update some very stale models- in this niche....

Oh we'll, I guess I'll just hedge my bets and start following the wr250 thread again....