View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #147
n1tr0
Dual Sport rider

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexTalionis View Post
I purchased one of these helmets, good value for the money. However, got home, took off the sticker on the flip-down shield, and found too much optical distortion just off the right of center. Took the helmet back, asked the cashier if all the visors were defective or if I should try to find one on another helmet that was OK. Cashier said they are ALL optically defective!

Too bad, I liked the helmet otherwise.
I did pretty much the same. I love the concept. the helmet looks great and the flip down sun shield is the perfect addition for a dual sport helmet.

I normally wear a L, but had to go up to a 2XL and it still fit a bit tight front to back. Add to that the horrible distortion with the internal shades and that they stopped half way in my field of vision.

I ended up ordering the speed and strength SS2500. It's pretty much the same helmet with a better fit and the shell is a composite vs. plastic. I'm also a big fan of the "speed strap" (velcro and ratchet) after having a similar strap on my AFX FX-39DS.

Hopefully other brands will bring us a higher quality, better fitting, version of the Adventure helmet, like the Nolan X-lite 551 (unfortunately it's not for sale in the US).
n1tr0 is offline   Reply With Quote