View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofrog View Post

the green seals are the SKF's and they don't get any better.

You guys need to mellow out and enjoy the trip all you seem to do is bitch about the bike.
Thanks for the info on the film strip.

Re the bike, as you know it was bought seriously misrepresented, we paid top dollar to pick up a bike that was mint with everything done so we could continue and we were lied to big time.

It has caused us untold greif and losses, what you see on here is very much only the tip of the iceberg, if I were to list everything that still needs doing you would be bored to tears.

The arsehole left us out $1156 US just to get her sorted in which I sold a lot of farkles just to cover repairs which I am not happy about having paid for them, then we have had a myriad of issues that still need fixing, some need money, some need attention, should a rear top shock bush be fucked in 1700 miles??? ... NO!!!.

I put this to you and you can really mellow out here and be the big guy you seem to want to be .... our paypal is twomotokiwis@gmail.com, you square us $1156.00 US which we paid out for only on the initial stuff and I promise I won't say another thing.

Then I can mellow out for the 3/4 month travel budget which I saved my arse off for and the fuckwit has stolen from us .... deal?, I look forward to your payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geometrician View Post
+1 on film/negative strips to clean the oil seal lips (once you pull the dust seal out of the way). If you are on a trip stop by a photo-lab and ask for the ends they throw away- the tractor feed on the edges gives the dirt a place to go so it can be pulled out of the sealing area, just wipe it off when you're done!

If you don't have fork air bleeder valves on your bike, they are a great investment (now less than $20USD). Even after a short ride you'll be suprised how much pressure builds up when you push the buttons the first time. The buildup helps create leaks- dedicated offroad riders around here release the air multiple times a day & don't get leaks for years while riding in nasty, dirty stuff.

Good Luck on your Adventure!
Great advice and yeap will get some when we can, didn't even think to release the air bleeds so will do that first off.

Hopefully an easy fix.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote