View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #24843
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
2009 TE610 for sale update.

Got a PM for more detail on the TE.

Fellow ADV'r races one of these in some of the knarliest enduros in Northeast, is BEGGING for the Rekluse. Im offering a quick discount to you of $400 if you don't want the Rekluse. Ask him about how they run, setups, etc.

Some details: I haven't changed the oil or ridden since the Dual Sport, because I think "fresh" oil on a used bike looks like seller is "hiding" something.
Oct 7, 2012 8624mi- Oil/Filter chged, valves checked (as usual, still between .0002 & .0003).
Dec 9, 2012 9200mi- installed and began tuning Rekluse Christmas work and travel really stretched this project out.
Dec. 29, 2012 9282- Rekluse setup finished, Oil/Filter chgd, and bike prepped for Dualsport in Jan.
Jan. 5, 2013 9296- Pirelli Scorpion Pro rear FINALLY arrived and mounted for DualSport next weekend.
Current mi. 9406, Pulled Scorpion Pro rear to save it for Dualsports/enduros, and remounted 40% MT-21 to ride with friends last weekend. Found a 2013 KTM 300XCW lightly used. Husky is parked for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
The Broxton Bridge Dualsport event in Jan was an absolute Blast, and confirmed my desire to run as many dual sport events and enduros as I can fit into my work schedule. Unfortunately, a one bike promise to my wife means the TE has to go if I want a lighter steed. If I lived near the mountains like BarberPole, I'd be keeping this bike another ten years at least, but rocks, hills washed out jeep trails are all 5-8 hours away.
Xymotic, Xcuvator, 1Lunger, and so many others, thanks for all the TE610 specific tips and generally getting me back up to speed after that 26 year sebatical from riding. Maybe I'll even hit one of the enduros up near you 1Lunger.
Well, time to get to work on the craigslist posting. I'll post a link when it's done. If no one jumps on it right away, I may be persuaded to pull the Rekluse if anyone wants it. Seems like a got 50-100 miles before the dualsport and put another 100-120 on there. Even if not from me, get one! The things make riding the TE in technical stuff SOOOOO much easier!

Anyone got a tagable bike (TE250, 310, 300XC-W, 450 EXC, etc.) they want to sell)?

Here's the link to Craigslist add. http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/3589319483.html

Clint
StolenFant is online now   Reply With Quote