View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #4971
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bite View Post
Thank you for all the replies. I am excited about all of the extras, has almost everything I want and then some. Only mods I'm not excited about are the jet kit and the 14 tooth sprocket. I plan to do probably 90/10 street to dirt so neither of these are really a plus. Also, the turn signal beeper is so loud it made me jump when I was checking that the signals functioned (I'm sure I can disconnect this).

Reference the stage 1 jet kit, the seller said he thought it was a Dyno jet kit, but the label on it was Studebaker, so he wasn't sure what manufacturer the kit was.

My main concern about the odometer was resale value. Not that I plan on selling it anytime soon, but I guess I worry other potential buyers would be as trusting as I am. I guess I'm being silly because if you guys don't think it is a big deal, than most potential buyers wouldn't either.

I'll let you know how it all turns out. My mechanic isn't open until Tuesday, so if it works out I'll know Tuesday night.

Todd
Studebaker is probably a Chinese knock off of some ones jet kit. If the bike runs OK and gets decent mileage, I would not be worried about removing it. They do give a modest boost in power. Stage 1 is meant for stock bikes with no exhaust modifications

The stock sprocket is 15 tooth, the owner may have it laying around if he is the one that replaced it with a 14. If you do any off road, that 14 is a good sprocket to have.