View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #82
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post

TR650----------the terra is a fine bike---it shines on easy offroad----and the road. I've been to Baja before---all over Baja in fact------we would be riding offroad much of the time--most of the time actually----------and most of the time it would not be easy offroad. Also ---where I ride in Baja ----------a 300 mile range is mandatory---the Husky only can go about 200 at most.

The WR was awesome on everything we rode----never a lack of horsepower at any time.

First thing I though of was fuel range my self.
On Trailers, Like you, done been on icey snowy roads way back in '66 in South Dakota on a Triumph 650 with everything I owned on it. Never gonna happen again. Has not. Another thing drives me to trailering or the moto tote for my truck, Hot 95 to 105 degree weather with 100 % humidity. Just not fun. The older I get , the less fun.
But, working on losing the Bandit and getting a Husky like yours. Then , sob, , Probably selling the KLR since the Terra would do it all for what I plan in the future.
What my Brain wants to do and what my body will do is two different things as I quickly approach 70 years on this earth and feel all the old injuries more and more. So it's gonna be Truck to where I really want to ride , Ride, and Truck back to Southwest Louisiana where it's 70 F and sunshine at this moment.
Waiting on all the rest of the report Mark and sorry your pard was injured. Also loving the Mobus trips

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote