View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #1392
zundappuk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
WWII BMW R75 two wheel drive M/C & sidecar for sale

Here is the back story:

8 years ago I heard that a BMW R75 project was for sale, and I met the owner. He was/is a pilot in the British Army, and whilst stationed in Germany bought this machine from the Eastern part of Germany. He sent the engine, gearbox, magneto, fork legs and final drive to Peter Hommes (the main supplier of spares for these machines) for re-build/exchange with new bearing, seals valve seats etc.
However, the owner had just found a kettenkrad and wanted money to restore it, hence it was for sale. My friend Gerard who lives in Hong Kong said he would buy it if I would rebuild it. I agreed, however we moved to Belgium and then Germany, and although back in the UK I had started by sand blasting the steel parts to remove the British Army desert paint, and then painting in Dunkelgelb, I had to put the machine in storage. And it has been in store, in a dis-mantled state for 5 years. So the nice finish (semi matt) has a few scratches, and some parts have got dusty and a bit of surface corrosion on the alloy. But, it is essentially the same, unused since total refurb.

As I still do not have the space or time to finish it he has decided to sell it.

Its not 100% complete as it needs a some minor parts like levers, rubber parts and gear selector rods etc. I think the carbs are there but not 100% sure.

Pictures/price available on request by PM.

David

zundappuk screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 10:23 AM Reason: Grammar!
zundappuk is offline   Reply With Quote