View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #7839
philosobrad
problem_solvent

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low594 View Post
Welcome! I think you might do well with a build thread, so we can help you along. and its fun for us to see what you got going on! That windscreen looks to be non-factory... does the upper portion bolt onto the headlight shroud? It looks to have the angle and lip of the early 2 piece screen/shroud, but has the USD forks of a late model, with the mid front hub(no boss for 2nd disc). Given that I am guessing its an '01-'02?!
Yassir, you're an astute viewer ('01). The upper is one piece, the PO just used the split you see as a demarcation to spray bomb the upper portion of it in white. I'm still scratching my head over this. The tank paint is hideous, and I'm too ashamed to post a pic of it. I'm going to try and have the entire bike vinyl wrapped after I figure out a way to safely remove the paint from the tank. I'm aware of the possible adhesion issues with the tank due to its poly construction, but gonna give it a shot anyway. I will be posting often to try and give back all the information gleaned from the incredible posts that have gotten me this far. This monster has consumed my thoughts since I bought it. I've given long dissertations over the years that there is no perfect solution to "one bike to do it all". I may have just discovered this unicorn.

Single track--check
Highway use--check
Loaded touring--check ish

Unknown:

If'n my 520 EXC Supermoto wheels fit this bike, I'll give it a shot at a track day to see if it's a viable Supermoto.

I've more or less stuck the rear EXC wheel in place of the LC4 stocker, and it seemed to fit just fine. Anyone know off hand if the front will work?