View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #15
种.
Ajaa kuin mummo

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmibanke View Post
What other gloves have you experince with?
I have had:
-Two different probiker touring gloves. Inexpensive and quite warm if its not raining. They are not waterproof even if they are said to be. Good feel and light.
-Vanucci some kind of "racing" gloves. Very nice feel to handlebars but it must be over +20 C to use them. Thin, lightweight and good protection.
-Dainese Scout Gore-tex. I didn't ride long with these until I returned them to shop. If I remember correctly the lining came out almost every time when I took them off.
-Halvarsson dontrememberthename Touring gloves. Didn't ride long with these either. Seam which holds the thumb caused pain during heavy braking. In the shop they changed them to new ones but they had the same problem.
-MP-Asu Vision. Quite cheap, warm, good feel and grip. But they don't hold water for long.
-Biltema touring glove. Just buy almost any thick winter gloves and they are the same. They are cheap though.

These Rukka R-star gloves have a good feel on the "grip" side of the glove. They are warm and hold water for hours and hours. They are even quite comfortable durin the hottest days of Finnish summer. Unfortunately every pair seem to be unique so I would not recommend to buy them without testing them on. Especially the seams on top of the fingers can vary a lot.